What is the Topographical Skills Assesment?
The Topographical Skills Assessment checks your ability to use a London A-Z and a Great Britain road atlas. If you are a first time PCO-Licence applicant, you will need to meet the required standards in demonstrating topographical skills. This is a pre-requisite for all applicants, although there are some exemptions detailed below.
EASY TO PASS THE EXAM
- training and assessment
- help with filling out application form
- help with filling out CRB check
- topographical test
- help for arrange your medical check
TFL No: 170/310
Harbour House Office No 6 at 2nd floor Coldharbour Lane London - Rainham RM13 9YA Essex
Who is Exempt?
- Previously licensed London Private Hire Vehicle drivers who have already passed a TfL Topographical Skills Assessment
- Licenced London taxi drivers – both all London and Suburban
- Professional London tourist guide (e.g. Blue Badge Driver Guide)
- An individual who can provide TfL with evidence of a relevant vocational qualification in passenger transport (e.g. NVQ or equivalent)
What is the Assessment Structure?
- Map reading ability
- Route selection (local) - the ability to identify and plan a route within an area of London.
- Route selection (intermediate distance) – the ability to identify and plan routes beyond your local area but within London
- Route selection (long distance) – the ability to identify and plan routes to somewhere outside London
- General topographical Skills (4 questions) – awareness of general geography of London.